Mineral County Health Department / Sanitarian I - Posted 8/22/2019
The Mineral County Health Department is looking to fill the position of Sanitarian I. The position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, with emphasis in sciences preferred. Must be in good physical condition and able to traverse rugged terrain. Valid driver license required. Use of personal vehicle required.
The position description is as follows:
- perform evaluations and assure compliance with laws and rules pertaining to: food service establishments, manufactured home communities, schools, child care centers, tattoo parlors, body piercing studios, institutions, motels/hotels, bed and breakfasts, organized camps, campgrounds, recreational water facilities, parks/playgrounds, individual on-site sewage disposal systems, sewage tank cleaners, and individual water systems
- investigate complaints of infractions of laws and rules pertaining to the health and safety of the general public
- perform the lead role in organizing and implementing epidemiological investigations
- educate the public on environmental health issues through personal contacts, talks to large groups and the media
- conduct training classes for food service workers, sewage installers, well drillers, etc.
- evaluate, collect and submit materials and substances and interpret results for bacteriological, virological and chemical analysis
- responsible for program planning, reporting, participating in meetings and seminars relative to environmental health issues, maintain files, ledgers, registers, and records necessary to support an ongoing evaluation and enforcement program
- participate in planning and training for threat Preparedness response and to attend training seminars and conferences related to this subject.
- Perform other duties as assigned
There is a multiple step process to apply.
First submit a resume to the Mineral County Health Department at 541 Harley O Staggers Dr STE 1, Keyser, WV 26726, ATTN: Administrator or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Second, the position will be posted on the State of WV website on Monday, August 19th thru September 6th. During that time, you can apply through the State of WV Division of Personnel Website at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/wv/jobs/1552986/sanitarian-1?keywords=sanitarian&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs . Make sure to submit all required documentation and select Mineral for the county of work.
For more information please call A.Jay Root at 304-788-1321.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mineral County Assessor / Field Data Collector/Appraiser
Mineral County Assessor Office is seeking applicants for a Field Data Collector/Appraiser. This is a full-time position with benefits including health insurance, vacation, sick leave and retirement program; starting salary will be 25,000. Applicant must be a resident of West Virginia and registered voter per WV Code 11-2-3 and 11-1C-8. The position requires a valid West Virginia driver’s license & back ground check will be performed. Applicant must attend and pass classes conducted by state tax department and be approved by the Property Valuation Training and Procedures Commission. Class and training funds will be provided. You must have good communication skills, work well with the public and be a team player. Application may be obtained in the Assessor Office 150 Armstrong Street, Keyser, WV 26726. Applications need to be returned by September 4, 2019. Mineral County Assessor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mineral County Assessor / Office Deputy- Posted 8/3/2019
The Mineral County Assessor will be taking applications for secretary/clerk. Experience/training in secretarial/clerical and data processing preferred. Applicant must be a resident of West Virginia and registered to vote per WV Code §11-2-3 and §11-1C-8. Further, must have good communication skills, work well with the public and be familiar with office machines. Salary is 22,500 plus benefits. Applications may be obtained in the Assessor Office. Applications must be returned to Mineral County Assessor Office 150 Amrstrong St Keyser, WV 26726 by August 19, 2019. Mineral County Assessor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.